Monday, December 3

Browns Fashion the Artist Collection

Hello ppl!
So I don't remember if i mentioned this but I
did some work experience at Browns, it was an amazing 4 week, where I got
to meet some amazing ppl! the placement was in Visual Merchandising
something I do in my store at my current job, But this is Browns and it's
was always going to be awesome!!! I was just clearing out my phone
photos and noticed that I don't think I've shared, so
here are some of the things that I got up to while was there x x



Here is the Fashionista Window that we put in the Browns Focus
all these pictures are made out of paper, isnt that incredible :)  


My Favourite is Kate Moss up in the corner looking all Glam!


This is a really creepy doll that Sophie, the awesome Intern as we were on our
way back from an amazing lunch, it was in the most random place :)



This is the Halloween Window, again in Brown Focus, these pieces are
by an artist named David A Smith, Sophie and I had a lovely drive
up to EYE, Peterborough to pick up the pieces and deliver them to Browns
the locals did not like us, but I did like their battered Mushrooms! haha!  



the window in progress!


Done and Lit!! I think it turned out pretty darn well! :)
not sure if I've ever used the word darn before but it seem right so lets go with it x


One of the other Artist we used was Lauren Baker, an incredible young artist
who was totally inspirational to talk to, defo google her story, click her name above and
it will take you too her website!



How brilliant are these skulls they are all casts, the black one here is decorated
with Swaroski Crystal, and the gold studded guys is called Fred
he is possible my Favourite!


Lauren works with the the deer association, so the deer skulls are real
but she has their whole history and they all die from natural causes!
and they are beautiful  x x :) 


Each piece has its own name, this guy as you can see has rings sketched on him
this is because thats how you determine a trees age by counting the amount of rings in 
the bark and so she didnt know the age of one of the deers and so
had this idea of sketching rings on it! also I love the idea of
the detachable Magpie wings!  


this is another version of Fred...


Look at the little skulls in the eyes!


This is us putting the window together, this was part of
the Halloween Window for Browns Fashion, Lauren is an amazing
up and coming Artist, she has help run lecture and workshops in mosaic creating,
 as well as being feature in the Design museums young
designers, her work has recently appeared in
George Michael video with Kate Moss!

Hope you enjoy!
much love x x:)

No comments:

Post a Comment